The official photoblog of Banjo Jones & The Brazosport (TX) News
There were a few problems in finishing the Stephen F. Austin statue. It turned out the long rifle that Austin holds was about a foot shorter than it was supposed to be, but they got it fixed and now the statue is awaiting last-minute cosmetic touches like priming and painting before it's all done.
- ► 2006 (164)
- Halloween 2005
- Last minute fixes
- Mr. Warneke with Austin's head
- One head, going up
- Easy does it
- Sculptor & foreman
- Sculptor films his latest creation
- Waiting for a bigger crane
- 1 bucket of cement, going up
- Cesar, mixing cement
- Austin's pistola
- Monkeyshines on the South Freeway
- SW Frwy, Houston
- Female ruby throated hummingbird
- My daughter, a long time ago when she was 3.
- Antiques, art & beer in Shiner, TX
- Anderson Cooper.
- The old Varsity Theater, on The Drag in Austin. Af...
- A view of Lake Austin.
- Max the Bassett Hound, snooping around Waller Cree...
- Surfside Beach, Tx., after Rita
- I don't think this beach house is long for this wo...
- Beach house for rent. Reasonable terms.
- Boldly, into the breach.
- Bulkheads like these supposedly are illegal. Sure,...
- An apt symbol for beach living in Surfside Beach, ...
- Hurricane humor.
- Surfin' Surfside.
- Mounds of small debris that looked like bamboo wer...
- These small, thin sticks look like bamboo.
- Stretching is always advisable before surfing.
- Stepping lightly on the way to the water.
- Trying to hold back Mother Nature. Suckers!
- Open sewer.
- This house is on the landward side of Beach Drive....
- This structure is obviously on the public beach ri...
- If you didn't have a bulkhead, the storm surge sco...
- The Stephen F. Austin statue, Angleton, Tx
- The statue as seen from the railroad overpass.
- It takes a big crane to put a big statue together....
- ▼ October (62)