The official photoblog of Banjo Jones & The Brazosport (TX) News

3.01.2005


This Texas Historical Commission medallion explains the log cabin originally was located about 9 miles away on a large plantation. Built around 1855, it housed the slave family owned by John Sweeny, that included Mark and Larkin Waddy. The Waddys continued to live in the log cabin after they were freed at the end of the Civil War. Posted by Hello

No comments:

Blog Archive