Add to Technorati Favorites

The official photoblog of Banjo Jones & The Brazosport (TX) News

6.19.2005

Bird's nest on the ground


The nest's former location, lodged between a drainpipe and Jake and Bubby's house, was too high to reach even with a ladder, so replacing it in its former location was out of the question. Besides, one of the two surviving chicks kept crawling out of the nest, so it didn't seem like a viable option. I brought over a cardboard box in which to put the nest. Here, Bubby, Jake's younger brother, is holding a worm in his hand, which he hoped to feed to one of the chicks. I told Jake the Mama Bird usually eats what it catches, then regurgitates it into the mouths of its chicks, so he might have to do that. He looked at me as if I was insane. Then Jake and a I laughed, letting him in on the joke.

No comments:

Blog Archive