Add to Technorati Favorites

The official photoblog of Banjo Jones & The Brazosport (TX) News

6.18.2005


Here on 45th Street once stood the Galveston Bureau of The Houston Post newspaper. It was a one-room office. Big enough to park one, but not two, Volkswagen Beetles. Other offices in the building were occupied by a local insurance agency, the American Cancer Society and a diet doctor. As a reporter for The Post, my office had no windows, cheap wood paneling and a common wall with The Boys Club's TV room. I could hear the lads rough-housing next door regularly, slamming into the wall. At least, I think that's all they were doing -- rough-housing that is. As you can see here, the building is now occupied by the Island Driving School. I peeked in my old office. It's a storage room full of junk.

No comments:

Blog Archive